Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

quest to be classified

mykimber9

I was shooting a kimber 45 last year and by the end of the year the recoil was causing me to flinch. This year my husband bought me the kimber 9mm I have been wanting for a couple of years. I am hopefully going to be classified and I am aiming for a c. I shot my first match of the year with the new gun, in Holmen WI . I did ok. but then I didn't have a real good chance to practice with it, Because I just had it shipped the week before. hopefully the next match I will do better. I screwed up the classifier on this one, got too excited and went too slow , and was all over. Goal for the next time is to practice like crazy, lots of dry firing, and trigger control.

Don't stress the classifiers. Treat them as another stage and your going for the match win. I was all caught up trying to go from C to B that it took me longer to do that than to go from B to A once I realized its just another stage.

Oh Welcome to the club. A 9mm 1911 is like cheatin!

• 3 weeks later...
Don't stress the classifiers. Treat them as another stage and your going for the match win. I was all caught up trying to go from C to B that it took me longer to do that than to go from B to A once I realized its just another stage.

thanks, so far it does feel like cheating a little , the recoil is nothing compared to my 45, however I am landing more A zone hits now than last year and I have only shot 2 matches. this last classifier I did yesterday, I actually landed all my shots on paper, good B time but I ended up with a D zone hit and brought me down again... so i just have to take a deep breath and shoot.

my goal for next match is more accuracy, then work on the speed. some how I just get myself worked up that I have to go fast, and then I lose my front sight, I think....

awesome!!! I just checked my classifier on the calculator and I FINALLY classified as a C SHOOTER yahoo!

:goof:

thanks, so far it does feel like cheating a little , the recoil is nothing compared to my 45, however I am landing more A zone hits now than last year and I have only shot 2 matches. this last classifier I did yesterday, I actually landed all my shots on paper, good B time but I ended up with a D zone hit and brought me down again... so i just have to take a deep breath and shoot.

my goal for next match is more accuracy, then work on the speed. some how I just get myself worked up that I have to go fast, and then I lose my front sight, I think....