Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Did I teleport back to East Germany in 1950?

Smokey

Here's a link to an NPR story I heard yesterday on the way home from work:

http://marketplace.publicradio.org/display...4/01/april_1st/ NO, Not April Fools

Briefly it says that just over a million taxpayers this year won't get that $600 rebate check to stimulate the economy. The IRS has decided that they know what you should buy with your money more than you do. Depending on where you live you might get an air conditioner or snow blower instead of that nice big ammo check (the only correct way to spend it imho ;) ). I wasn't aware that they started goose stepping into the office every morning like the Stazi.

Yup, screw you taxpayer...you're too stupid to spend your own money so we'll just send you a cheeze ass air conditioner that only cost us $200 and zero for shipping (the article said they tell the post office what to do :goof: ) and if you don't like it then stuff it. Do you already have the item that the IRS thinks you should have? Tough, there's no recourse...you're stuck with it.

If I happen to be lucky enough to be deemed too stupid to spend my own money (I don't have an adjustable mortgage and am not going bankrupt, silly me :wacko: ) I'm going to host a "Smokey's Rebate" match where everyone can come down and take shots at the air conditioner I so desperately do not need for a couple of bucks apiece and then one lucky participant will get the honor of riding with me and dropping off the fragments in a large box back at the downtown Chicago IRS office! (Maybe that's not such a good grand prize but I'll be sure to deck you out with a ski mask or guy fawkes mask!!! :ph34r: )

Sorry mods if this is against the "political" policy (I didn't read it that way buy I'm a jailhouse lawyer :rolleyes: ) no hard feelings if you need to tear this down :cheers: just needed to rant a bit :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Now that is funny. I hate that day each year since I work in a building with 700 people that think that was meant for them. Yeah, I'm a public school teacher. I hope the building never catches on fire that day.