Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Calling The Shot

I've told a few be'ers about this, but thought I'd share with the whole group something really cool I saw at the Buckeye blast.

We had a stage called transitions (I'm sure Flex can post it if anyone wants to see it) that had 8 targets on each side of a wall, only one shot required per target.

They started at 10 yards and went to about 25 or 30 yds for the farthest two. All but the last two had varying amounts of hard cover.

Anyhow, most people who tried to burn it down had hardcover mikes...so I knew the way to do well was to place the bullet exactly where it belonged, and we all know how to do that, right? :)

Any way, while shooting the stage, I was calling the shots so precisely that I noticed that my c-more dot shakes like a tuning fork before it rises, and I had never seen that before.

That truly spoke to me about the levels of visual input that are available if we can let them in.

Now in retrosect, I shot that one too slow, BUT that was/is the speed at which I could shoot the level of accuracy that I wanted on that stage.

Very cool.

SA

Steve,

If I remember correctly you had a fast time. Very few fast shooters got away without misses.

Do you mean the dot shakes after you release the trigger and before the shot fires or it shakes while you are still preparing to release the shot?

The fiber optic in my front sight shakes like that all the time. :D

Bill Nesbitt