Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Production

JThompson

Yeah...I shot nice groups at 7y (rested) when I started on the Glock. Low and left is seldom the gun. ;)

I loaded the 115s up again and I the hits were right on the money, but about 2 low at 25yds. I shot a practice match tonight... suffice it to say it was a humbling experience. I did have a blast and want to shoot production for a while. Besides. it was fun climbing on the open basher wagon. :cheers:

Edited by JThompson

Yeah...I shot nice groups at 7y (rested) when I started on the Glock. Low and left is seldom the gun. ;)

I loaded the 115s up again and I the hits were right on the money, but about 2 low at 25yds. I shot a practice match tonight... suffice it to say it was a humbling experience. I did have a blast and want to shoot production for a while. Besides. it was fun climbing on the open basher wagon. :cheers:

I have experimented with different loads and find the best combination for 9 (for my pistol, CZ-75b) seems to be the 124 or 125 grain loads at about 130 to 135 PF. Not as flippy as the 115gr but still feels snappier than the 147 stuff. each load has a little different timing that can take some getting used to. Find a load that shoots well for your pistol and shoot a bunch of it, you will immediatly notice a difference when switching to another load.

• 1 month later...

It may sound overly simplistic ... but practice makes perfect. It sounds like shooting this particular pistol is very new to you. Spend as much time as possible practicing with it. I am sure that everything will fall into place for you.