Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kimber for Single Stack?

atlscrog

I guess I am just lucky. I have owned 10+ Kimbers. Never had a problem with any except the 9mm CST - bad barrel. I had a new barrel in my hands within 3 days after I called Dennis. He offered to fit it, but it was a lot less hassle to just fit it myself.

I currently own 3 Kimbers - 2 .45 CST and the 9mm/.40 CST. They will all put 5 rounds inside a 2" Shoot-N-C at 25 yds.

Personally I could care less how much or little a gun manufacturer supports the sport. I base my purchase on what gun I want.

I have no experience with the Kimber Swartz style FPS but I have experience with the S&W version. If it is even slightly out of time it is going to get progressively worse. Every time you draw from a holster you may not have a perfect grip and depress the safety fully. The firing pin will sometimes hit the plunger and it will still go bang but over time the plunger will peen and eventually the grip safety will have to be depressed further and further to unlock the FPS. It's a when not if sort of situation for some people (grip consistency) and how long it takes will vary from gun to gun. It's just not worth it when there are other options out there. You can always remove the firing pin safety.

Edited by adweisbe