Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DP Hyper Drive Firing Pin for Glock?

glockstan

Glockstan, Could your problems be that the recoil-spring is too weak?

Try it with the original one.

Me finks the issue could be that the timing between the slide and reset/pulling the trigger for next shot could be off. -That the slide hasn't gone into battery fast enough for the next shot to be made. Not in battery -> weak strike on primer.

OK, let me say this again... There is something wrong (or possibly wore out or gunked up or out of alignment) with a glock that is using a wolfe competition 4lb striker spring, OEM striker, and gets light strikes on Winchester primers, Fed primers, Rem primers, or Wolfe primers, period. I have set up no less than 6 glocks for various divisions and have yet to see a light strike on the above primers because of the wolfe comp striker spring and std striker. <_<

Sandormen, mathmatically, you might be correct. Then again mathmatically, you might be wrong. I believe Mad Scientist (S&J) acutally uses a custom made light striker with a wolfe comp striker spring specifically to get a more reliable primer ignition with his custom trigger jobs.

I had a 13 lbs recoil spring in my G34 and had the same problems, I switched to a 15 lbs and have been good to go ever since.

That is my theory too. I find 13lbs somewhat iffy. I have heard weaker ones down to 14 acceptable, but it can be that the 13 one is just too little.

I have a 13 laying around in a box, but i have never really tested it, it just doesn't go to well with my gun. When I first assembled it, it actually jammed in the slide, and tried to drive itself through the fronthole where the recoil-rod goes. Not a big success. So I ripped it back out. <_<

I also wanted something that drives the slide faster, and figured out that the 13 wouldn't hold up for me.

I can't really see anything else wrong with OP's setup.

Again, i don't know if it solves anyhting, but trying the original one shouldn't hurt. If it works... buy a second original one and cut off a couple of coils instead.

What I have in my G34 these days, is a Sprinco Recoil Reducer with an ISMI spring. Costs seriously compared to the gun and its parts themselves, but it works for me.

Edited by Sandormen

when I had a 13 lbs recoil spring I could actually see the slide move back ever so slightly when I was pulling the trigger. This I believe was taking some of the power away from the firing pin. I'm no expert but I haven't had a problem since switching to a 15 lbs. It's a lot easier fix than replacing the firing pin. :rolleyes:

Glockstan, Could your problems be that the recoil-spring is too weak?

Try it with the original one.

Me finks the issue could be that the timing between the slide and reset/pulling the trigger for next shot could be off. -That the slide hasn't gone into battery fast enough for the next shot to be made. Not in battery -> weak strike on primer.

Thank you, Sandormen

Problem solved, I put 15lbs recoil spring back in, working fine now, no more 13lbs recoil spring, thank you for all your inputs, very appreciated it.