Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ordered a 650

Huey04

I ordered a 650 last Friday with pretty much everything on the 550 never reloaded before easy buy page and today I ordered some N320 and Clays, Federal 150 primers, Berry's 230gr rn bullets, and some new brass.

Now I need some advice on getting a reloading bench set up. I am in an apartment so I am not going to be able to mount anything to the wall and I would prefer something smallish that can be easily moved. I am going to have to lug whatever I get up three flights of stairs. I looked at a couple of work benches at Lowes but everything seemed a little bit flimsy, I did see one modular steel and stogage rack with plywood shelves in a steel frame that was pretty sturdy but was also really heavy.

Does anybody have a recommendation for something small and workable for a tight spot in an apartment?

Thanks.

I ordered a 650 last Friday with pretty much everything on the 550 never reloaded before easy buy page and today I ordered some N320 and Clays, Federal 150 primers, Berry's 230gr rn bullets, and some new brass.

Now I need some advice on getting a reloading bench set up. I am in an apartment so I am not going to be able to mount anything to the wall and I would prefer something smallish that can be easily moved. I am going to have to lug whatever I get up three flights of stairs. I looked at a couple of work benches at Lowes but everything seemed a little bit flimsy, I did see one modular steel and stogage rack with plywood shelves in a steel frame that was pretty sturdy but was also really heavy.

Does anybody have a recommendation for something small and workable for a tight spot in an apartment?

Thanks.

make a pot of coffee, pour a cup and get comfortable.... a lot of reading ahead...

Mother of all reloading benches thread here on enos.... linky

WOW :surprise:

That is quite a thread with some great benches and ideas.

I think I am going to end up building my own bench with 2x4 and plywood.

How tall should I build the work surface to work and load standing up? I will be using the 650 with strong mount and I am about 6' 4"

WOW :surprise:

That is quite a thread with some great benches and ideas.

I think I am going to end up building my own bench with 2x4 and plywood.

How tall should I build the work surface to work and load standing up? I will be using the 650 with strong mount and I am about 6' 4"

I am 6'2" and built my bench top at 38"(650 with strong mount). It is the perfect height for me to view into the cases as well as comfort reloading while standing.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.

As reloading benches go - HEAVIER IS BETTER - bench or machine movement is your enemy. Build the heaviest and most sturdy unit you can - you will turn out better and more consistant loads - and be happy!

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/...&t=11082005

I have been using one of these for 10 years. Most of that was in an apartment. They are not as steady as a well built bench but easily get the job done once all the footings are adjusted.

I built one out of pine. Worked great for 4 apts.

I have it in my house now. I can take more pictures of it if you are interested in trying to dup it.

reloading-table-001.jpg

dillion-650-progressive-reloading-press-w-casefeeder.jpg

reloading-table-002.jpg