Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My new STI Trojan 45 from Dawson Precision

-JQ-

I just got my new STI Trojan last night. Man does it shoot!

Dawson was/is running special on the Trojan in 45 which includes the Dawson FO front sight and SA magwell (~$921). Of course I can't leave well enough alone. I also had them add their FO rear sight as well...and thought while I'm at it, let Dave Dawson do his enhancement pkg. Which includes fitting, sighting, re-working trigger to a CRISP 3#, and polishing where needed etc.

My guy at the local fun store was impressed with all the attention to detail with the fitting and polishing. Before I even got it out of the case he was saying you've got to check the trigger...I was worried at first given his excitement...he meant it in a good way. The trigger is really sweet...not sure how to put into words but sweet none the less...crisp, light but not too light...I've never had a trigger this light and I think this is about right for me.

Dawson was great to deal with. I told them what I thought I wanted...they then ran down a bunch of questions and we were set. Overall it took about a month for delivery...they gave me a ship date from the beginning and stuck to it...shipped as promised overnight.

I ran through two boxes of ball ammo (PMC and Agullia) last night without a hiccup, fte, etc. ...just what I had expected really.

Finish...was ok. I'm not really a big fan of the flat blue and may send it out for a nice black over green someday...all t-black.

Grips - Nice wood. May change someday when right ones come along.

Checkering - very nice. In fact the front strap was much sharper than I expected. It is the "chain link" style on the front.

Don't tell the GF but THIS is my Valentine!

My apologies for no pic but it looks just like the one listed here in the classifieds...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60599

Happy Valentine's Day...now where's my Thompson?? :devil: