Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buffers for Tanfoglio

olp73

Except for recoil reducers like sprinco and alike. Anyone knows if someone produce/use some sort of recoil buffers for Tanfoglio/EAA/CZ pistols.

olp73 :closedeyes:

I owned 2 CZ "Tactical Sports" / Standard IPSC .40s and one of them came with CZ factory buffers; they were a hard black plastic and fit all my other CZs in 9mm and 40. Buffer Technologies probably makes one.

Except for recoil reducers like sprinco and alike. Anyone knows if someone produce/use some sort of recoil buffers for Tanfoglio/EAA/CZ pistols.

olp73 :closedeyes:

I have a CZ TS 9mm and it came with them. I bought replacements from Dillion when I was ordering some other stuff. I have never had a buffer on any of my Tanfoglio's though..

leo

I use Buffer Technology CZ75 in mine and they seem to work well. They also shorten the slide travel slightly which keeps the brass from going into the next shooting bay. :)

100_0148.jpg

100_0147.jpg

I also have found the CZ75 Buffers will fit the Bren Ten.

Edited by Gary1911A1

• 3 months later...
I use Buffer Technology CZ75 in mine and they seem to work well. They also shorten the slide travel slightly which keeps the brass from going into the next shooting bay. :)

100_0148.jpg

100_0147.jpg

I also have found the CZ75 Buffers will fit the Bren Ten.

I tried this buffer yesterday and it lasted about 50 rounds. The slide is pretty sharp where is meets the buffer. Buffer was cut it two........not so happy. But I could really feel the difference if only for a short time :angry2: . The gun shot significantly softer and was easier to control.

Maybe it works better in 9mm or for minor loads? The buffer fits the frame perfect. :unsure:

Mine seems to last much longer. Do you have any sharp edges where the slide recoil spring tunnel meets the frame? I also use the 20lb recoil spring.

YES, absolutely, but i don't see how it can be fixed. the end of the slide that meets the buffer is a sharp "U" shaped profile.

So, actually i am not surprised that it does not hold up. Maybe a Sprinco is the solution??

Mine seems to last much longer. Do you have any sharp edges where the slide recoil spring tunnel meets the frame? I also use the 20lb recoil spring.

YES, absolutely, but i don't see how it can be fixed. the end of the slide that meets the buffer is a sharp "U" shaped profile.

So, actually i am not surprised that it does not hold up. Maybe a Sprinco is the solution??

I have the Sprinco and I find it gives the pistol more torque with my grip, which may not happen with your grip. I seem to have this experience with other pistols too so it's not unique to the Witness. Brass will fly more with the Sprinco since you'll be getting full slide travel, but some shorten the ejector to keep the brass closer. I'm not brave enough to take files to my pistols. I find with the Sprinco it's a tighter fit to place it in the slide and a 18 lb. recoil spring fits better.