Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

H-140 Mag Pads with Springs/Follower

lmlong

Received my mag pads tonight, installed easily, 20 rnds as promised. So far I have just manually cycled them, they functioned perfectly that way. They look good and are a lot more comfortable when seating the mag than the factory plastic pads. We are having an indoor shoot this Sunday hopefully I can get to range Saturday to test them then use them in Sundays shoot. Now if that magwell that Henning said he's working on for the Match isn't too far down the road I'll be set for now.

Larry

post-9907-1201046241.jpg

Had a chance to test mags out on Sunday, they all worked perfectly. The only issue I had was they seem to be a little picky about overall length. I had a couple of times where I couldn't chamber a shell and one of the guys there said he thought they looked short so when I got home I measured them and they were only 1.092", I found 6 out of about 150 that were short everything else measured about 1.120", guess I will have to do some more research on this OAL thing. This ammo was purchased in a 1000 rnd (remanufactured) lot and this is the first time I have had any issues, but the rest were all shot out of factory mags. Still learning all the details about this game, any info/suggestions would be appreciated.

Larry

• 2 weeks later...

My limited in 40S&W doesn't like factory length ammo - it either gets stuck feeding, or in a couple cases jumped right out! I am using 10mm tubes, so that probably has a lot to do with it. I'm loading about at 1.20 - quite a bit longer than factory. It's been gobbling the stuff up! Only downside is I can't shoot ammo that's not mine. Oh well, probably better that way.

~Mitch