Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI Mag Problems

thunderstick

I have a bunch of new STI 45 acp mags (126 hi-cap, and 140 mm) and on a number of them I am having feed problems with them. I have ensured the bullets are of proper length so I am ok there. What is happening is it is like the follower is dragging on the front of the magazine and not allowing the bullet nose up so that it will feed into the gun. Seems odd that it is happening on so many of the mags. I have even tried shortening the bullets (already within spec) and I am still having the problem. These are brand new mags. Suggestions?

Thanks.

I have a bunch of new STI 45 acp mags (126 hi-cap, and 140 mm) and on a number of them I am having feed problems with them. I have ensured the bullets are of proper length so I am ok there. What is happening is it is like the follower is dragging on the front of the magazine and not allowing the bullet nose up so that it will feed into the gun. Seems odd that it is happening on so many of the mags. I have even tried shortening the bullets (already within spec) and I am still having the problem. These are brand new mags. Suggestions?

Thanks.

I would bet your problem is the sharp edges on the followers when new from STI. Take the mags apart and chamfer all the edges on the tops of the followers and your problems will go away. I have many of the magazines and it is a quick fix.

Lee