Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning's = top notch service

phant0m_jester

Hello all - new member here. I just placed an order last week with Henning's shop for a C-More mount as part of my new Elite Match conversion to an Open gun. I must say that Henning has the best customer service I have seen in the industry - period. If you need something EAA\Tanfoglio related - Henning's is the only place to shop. Not only did he ship right away - but contacted me to give me some mounting tips and even included those tips hand written on my packing slip (way above and beyond the call of duty).

I know where I will be taking my future EAA\Tanfoglio related business in the future.

Great forum folks - this place has really helped me in my research.

Thanks and happy holidays,

-Rob

It's a 9mm (at the moment - no power factor at local matches for steel shooting). I called EAA in Florida and ordered a new slide, 3 port comp kit and slide racker. I wanted to order the Limited\Gold Team magwell but the gunsmith there just wouldn't sell it to me and said that even with machine work - it just won't go on (which doesn't match what Henning said on his site). He said the magwell will only go on a Limited or Gold Team frame.

I had to get a new slide because they don't have a comp kit for the long slide guns like the Match. The new slide will probably need to be hand lapped to fit just right. As soon as I get the rest of the parts from EAA, it's off to my local gunsmith for fitting.

While EAA seems to be a good company - they are kind of a pain to deal with as they need the serial number of the gun for ANY orders and they don't really want to sell you anything that doesn't just drop right in. I have seen gunsmiths who could probably fit a 1911 slide on an S&W revolver (which would be quite interesting) so I don't know why they gave me so much trouble....

Anyways - I'll post some pics as soon as it's done in a new thread...

-Rob