Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Frankford Arsenal electronic scale

I recently purchased my first reloader, dillion ofcourse, and all the necessary equipment needed. I purchased all the misc. stuff from an online shooting supply store, you know the one. I purchased the Frankford Asenal electronic scale because it was onsale, MISTAKE. Probably loaded 1000+/- using it, to make a long story short I was having some issues getting to turn on so I went out and bought an RCBS. When I compared the charge weights between the two the Frankford read 1.5gr less than the actual charge when weighed on the RCBS.

Example: 3.5gr on the Frankford, 5.0gr on the RCBS

thinking I was missing something I recalibrated each and then weighed a 124gr bullet on each and there was a 26gr difference in readings on each scale, RCBS was right on the money.

it was a good thing I have not worked completly up to my major load yet. What would have happended if there was 2 or more grains than the max. allowed?

If you use an electronic scale you need to zero it and have a check weight ( one that you know the exact weight of) to verify that the scale is correct. It is better if you have several weights so you can check the consistancy of the scle as the weight increases.

If you use an electronic scale you need to zero it and have a check weight ( one that you know the exact weight of) to verify that the scale is correct. It is better if you have several weights so you can check the consistancy of the scle as the weight increases.

correct, I re-calibrated and re-zeroed each twice with the provided check weight to make sure.

am I missing something?