Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OCPL/ Rainbow Matches

From the early 70's until the 90's there was a series of matches hosted by Bill and Dorothy Hahn out of Oceanside CA. This was my introduction into the shooting sports and I am wondering if there were any others on this forum who were privledged enough to have had the chance to compete in these matches? They were held in Oceanside proper until the big rains of '76 and '78 made the range at Oceanside a problem as I beleive the range was in a river basin below the flood area. In '78 they moved the match to Rainbow CA between Temecula and Fallbrook. At that range ( known as Duncan's Range after a man by that name who was kind enough to let us shoot there) you might be luchky to see Armand Swenson testing weapons at a small range adjacent to Duncans. He was ac eclectic old guy who would even let you fire some of his projects. ( MAC-10s, Thompsons, lots of other cool stuff) I quit going to the matches in 91 and was interested in finding out whatever happened to them, as I've noticed that the range is now closed. I met alot of great people out there, many of whom helped me out and taught me lots about shooting and patience, and losing gracefully. Thanks Jimmy :D