Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Production loads for 135 FMJ

eerw

OK..lucked into a bunch of 135 FMJ bullets..

a buddy that has been out of IPSC decided to clean out his basement..and I got hold of about 7000+ bullets for a great price..

but now I need a nice Production load for them.

anyone got a nice loading using a 135 FMJ.

I am using right now N320 and Universal Clays.

thought this was funny..opened up one of the sealed boxes of CP Elite bullets and the newspaper used to take up space was dated 1993.

Stuart,

Hi there. Great score on the CP's. The only powder I have ever used for the Zero 135's that I like is straight plain old Clays. I load it with 3.3-3.4 grains and I chrono a consisitent 130PF out of a CZ SP01.

Stuart,

Hi there. Great score on the CP's. The only powder I have ever used for the Zero 135's that I like is straight plain old Clays. I load it with 3.3-3.4 grains and I chrono a consisitent 130PF out of a CZ SP01.

THat Zero load is my EXACT load of late; used it in a Glock to take 2nd at a local outlaw 3gun (glock used b/c the COF required re-holstering the gun hot). Accurate, low recoil load.

I load 3.4gr. of Titegroup to 1.135 with Winchester small pistol magnum primers or 3.3 at 1.11 for a PF of 129-130

Very soft and accurate

I tried Clays but got bad case bulging and some crappy accuracy when run in the longer barrel G34. I was running 3.3 Clays/WSPM primers at 1.13" oal.

RP and FC brass bulged badly at the unsupported chamber area of my Bar Sto. The clays load ran fine in my G19 and 17. Just didn't like the increased pressure of the longer barrel so switched to Titegroup and it works great. I still love my Clays/125 gr. JHP load.......its just harder to get my hands on the 125 zeros so opted to try the 135's