Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sights

I shoot a Para .45 in "Standard gun" class. One of the-top ends I have, has low profile sights and this makes the gun "shorter", so short that with my best mag (a 17 round mag) it still fits the "box". If I put my Gold Cup top-end on the frame it does not fit the "box" any longer with the 17 rounder or any of my 16 round mags. Last Saturday I changed guns halfway through the match because I could not hit the side of a barn(from the inside of the barn) and immediately shot streets better. Were talking about 10-17%. Now I am fixing the sight "problem", as the gun was shooting left high. But now I am wondering: Do I take the advantage of the "big" mags and the "pain" of the smaller sights or so I go to better sights and rework my mags to fit the "box" and loose the advantage of big mag capacity? I took 2 A`s at 20 meters with the Gold Cup top-end right next to a no-shoot target(it covered about half the "A" zone) with confidence. On the down side, I had a few stoppages with the Gold Cup top-end that played havoc with my time. (The other top-end is 100% reliable) Any thoughts on this matter?