Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I suck when I don't practice

Finally had a break in the weather & the 8" of snow melted & temperature went above freezing so out to the range I go. Ammo supply is a little low so I start with the 22-45 & go through about 10 mags before going to the 1911. Holy $hit Batman where did this cannon come from? The first shot hit is there but splits were another thing and brass was landing in the next county. Took the 12# spring out for a 17# reserved of Blazers & that helped a lot. Not what I would call fun so after 150 rounds or so decided to go to the round gun. Bought a 617 as a cheap toy for the 625 & some DS10 speedloaders & loading blocks because it was a real pain filling those little holes. Well after the 200 rounds I had loaded, the finger just didn't want to pull the trigger anymore, need to find a way to lighten the action & still set off 22's. The 625 has a lighter trigger pull so I thought I would try that. Well 25 moons later & the web of my thumb is telling me it is no longer fun & I should think about doing something else. I guess 6 weeks between practice sessions is a bit too much.

Just because I was there I went to the police range & picked up about 15 pounds of brass, I am beginning to think that I may need to buy a .40 to use up the brass instead of giving it away.