Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New open blaster

Mo Zee

Been lurking around here for a very long time without adding pics of my blasters. I was dry firing last night and has some free time and took these...

Firstly, this is old faithful. I did about 70 000 rounds and welded up a few cracks on the slide and frame and its still running. Its about clumsy now that I have the shorty 4.5" slide but it still works and will probably just replace the barrel in time to come....

O yah, excuse the pics. It was taken with my HTC cellphone.....

th_long2.jpg

th_long1.jpg

Now for the new one. Only fired about 1000 rounds.

th_shorty2.jpg

th_side2.jpg

Here you can see the difference in length...

th_blowholes1.jpg

Do you like the shorty? I see most open guys shooting 5 inch guns. Trying to decide which length in the event I ever decide to shoot open.

I was in the same position you were in a few months ago. I could not decide which way to go and decided to take the risk and build it. Unfortunately there are no other short guns here for me to test. And, yes I love it. I feel its much more comfortable in my hand and with the first hew hundred rounds I was actually overtracking pass the targets. Nothing some dry firing sorted out.....

Its a little snappier if you can call it that compared to the 5" but up close its actually quite easy to let all hell break loose :)

That makes sense, although having never shot a 5 inch open gun either, I wouldn't know the difference. Briefly tried a 6 inch Limited gun and didn't like all that swing momentum, but perhaps didn't give it enough chance. I can see a shorty open gun being very fast on up close and personal targets.