Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Minor Load data RS Comp and 185 Prec Moly

HHjr

I have completed my first loading with Ramshot Competition for 40 Minor and have a load to share. These are some of the first 300 rounds I have loaded on a new Hornady LNL with a powder measure that has a rifle rotor in it. My powder readings show a little inconsistancy so I expect my Es to get better in the future after I get a pistol rotor. I contacted forum member Bigbadaboom for RS Comp data and I thank him for his response to get me going, Thank you David.

Here is the data:

Gun - HK40USP Custom Combat

Load Data - 3.3gr RS Competition, 185gr Precision Moly Black bullet @ 1.130", WSP. Slight taper crimp. The outdoor temp was approx 30degrees (Lansing MI area).

L 785.5

H 820.3

Av 804.4

Es 34.75

Sd 15.52

String 819.9 802.2 820.3 785.5 793.0

I have burnt up several 4lb jugs of N320 and my minor load was 3.5gr with the same settings. I concur with another member that said in this forum he found RS Comp to do the same with about .3 less pwder. I'll try this load in my XD Tac and post that as well.

I will be running RS Comp in 9mm and 45 in the months to come ..... I picked up 8Lbs from Powder Valley. I will post data as I get it. Harold H.