Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brett Favre

Flexmoney

I would give the Pack a better chance of beating the Boys if it were in Green Bay and very cold and the Pack did not have the injuries they have right now. I know Romo has gotten lots of good press but the fact is still that he is an almost rookie QB and he has had some really curious games where the D pulled him out of the fire. It will be a good game for sure...

BTW, Ricky Williams return to the NFL lasted exactly 6 carries...WTF...have to chuckle at that one... the Dolphins are really desperate...

Memories of the Ice Bowl. :D

Cool post, Flex. (Was that Jobey, by the way?)

I knew he did a good bit of charitable work, but it's always good to hear something like that. Sounds like he hasn't forgot his humble roots in South Mississippi. His not-so-humble present home here is actually only a few miles from mine (and can be seen here: Brett's home), but I haven't ever met him. I have seen his wife in the grocery store or around town several times during the off season. Speaking of her, she is a cancer survivor and they do a lot in regard to raising money for that as well.

For anyone that is interested, here is his official website: http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/. It has a link to his wife's hope foundation as well as some other cool links and facts about him.

Though it's easy to overlook Mississippi in many categories, football really isn't one of them. Consider this: Jerry Rice, Walter Payton, and of course Brett are among the best to ever play their respective positions. All class acts as well.

Speaking of the ice bowl and playing in cold temps, according to Brett's faq: At home, he now holds a 40-5 record including playoffs when the kickoff temperature is 34 degrees or below and possesses an impressive 90.7 passer rating in those 45 cold-weather games, based on 890 completions in 1,441 attempts (61.8 percent) for 10,242 yards, 79 TDs and 37 INTs. Not bad for someone born and raised in the South...

Edited by DBChaffin