Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Concealed carry in Charlotte NC

I'm headed to Charlotte Thursday for my daughter's cheer leading competition Friday. I've done some research and understand that NC has reciprocity with AL. I see where guns are prohibited on educational property so I won't be able to take them with us when we go to the arena. I also see there is no carry where alcohol is served. I am not clear whether this would apply to a restaurant where drinks are served but don't plan to test it. Anyone have any other gotcha's? Looks like the south side of town is not a particularly nice place but we're going to be downtown except when we're at the arena.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Edited by iainmcphersn

I'm headed to Charlotte Thursday for my daughter's cheer leading competition Friday. I've done some research and understand that NC has reciprocity with AL. I see where guns are prohibited on educational property so I won't be able to take them with us when we go to the arena. I also see there is no carry where alcohol is served. I am not clear whether this would apply to a restaurant where drinks are served but don't plan to test it. Anyone have any other gotcha's? Looks like the south side of town is not a particularly nice place but we're going to be downtown except when we're at the arena.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

I wouldnt say that any of Charlotte is the nice side of town. <_< Most of us that can avoid it like the plague. :angry2: I live 175 miles northeast of it and go ot Columbia,SC via Darlington. :blink:

You are correct that you cannot carry on any govt property, hospitals or educational facilities. Resturants are also out becaause of the alcohol, but you can probably not have to worry as most of those places are generally well lit. Just use common sense, if it looks suspicious avaoid it.