Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to go from here?

JDBraddy

I'm trying to make up my mind where to go from here. First, I've been shooting about a year now. I don't get to dry-fire or practice much, and of course don't seem to be improving much either. Usually, local matches end up being my only practice, and I shoot one mabye two matches a month, mostly with my local club, every 3-4months I might travel to a larger regional match. I'm shooting D-class and cross back an forth between IDPA and USPSA. I have two guns a single stack 1911 and a Caspian Hi-Cap 38SC open gun. I have both running flawlessly now, but I don't think open is really my cup of tea. Obviously, I'm no speed demon, I don't care for the brass issues with SuperComp, and am not proficient with the C-More. I usually do just as well shooting L10 with my single stack and usually enjoy the simplicity of it a little more, and as a bonus, tend to place better in that division. I have a $1000 certificate for an SV gun that I've tried, and been unable to sell for at least $600. I don't really have the extra $$$ to make up the difference right now, but could possibly scrap together enough if I was properly motivated. The problem is, I don't know what I want, and the certificate has an expiration date. I could sell the open gun and use the money and certificate to order an SV gun, or just keep the open rig, since I've already got it up and running reliably and am already set up to load for it? Since I seem to enjoy L10 and also shoot IDPA, but don't get to practice as much as I'd like, should I put everything esle away and just stick with using my single stack exclusively? If so, since I have a working single stack, should I use the SV certificate to have a .40cal limited gun built, or build another really nice single stack, and just keep the one I already have as a backup? I have two Dillon 550's, and am already set up to load for anything I want.

Just my humble opinions.

Sell the open gun.

Shoot the hell out of your single stack.

Order a Limited gun with your certificate.

Buy Brian's book and Steve Anderson's book.

Dryfire practice 15-20 minutes a day and you won't believe how much you will improve.

Improvement will motivate you!

Good Luck

Just my humble opinions.

Sell the open gun.

Shoot the hell out of your single stack.

Order a Limited gun with your certificate.

Buy Brian's book and Steve Anderson's book.

Dryfire practice 15-20 minutes a day and you won't believe how much you will improve.

Improvement will motivate you!

Good Luck

+1

Exactly what I was thinking. Selling the Open gun and using the cert for a Limited gun adds lots of possibilities. It means having two guns for L-10, one for SS and one for Limited.