Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 21 SF

hayes45

My buddy bought me a G21SF. It shoots wonderfully and doesn't kick as bad as I thought it would. One thing to keep in mind though is that magazines that fit the old G21 do not work in the G21SF without modification. When I got this gun I bought two 13 rounders and a 25 rounder for it and found that these older style magazines wouldn't lock into the frame. I then noticed that the new magazines have a small rectangle cut into on the front part that the older styles don't have. You can, and I have modified these types of magazines to work by cutting this rectangle into the front of the magazines and this works fine. I don't think you would ever regret getting a G21SF.

My big question is when/if there will be a 20 SF!

Surely they wouldn't make a G21 SF and not make a 20!!

Anybody heard anything about a 10mm version?

Gregg

I am sure it is on the way. All new Glock mags are cut for the ambi safety. I am suretheframes will all be changed when the current batch of molds are shot. I myself want a 20SS and a 29SF. I havetheG21SF on theway now. J.Michael

I tested a 21SF and then got one. I have since switched to it for duty along with a G30 to replace my G23 for off-duty.

I shot it out of the box and was getting .13 splits on demand. It shoots surpisingly soft and tracks even better especially as a big-bore. Most of all, the new grip fills the hands just enough, even with Tru-grip. (The medium frames are nice but just a shade on the small side especially for the support hand). The angle is not as extreme and it feels obviously different from the old 21 and medium frames.

I use Heinie 3-dot tritiums to make this already accurate gun even better. The Trijicon sights don't do it justice.

I also have a commited TLR-1 light with no malfunctions.

I have fired over 700 rds with 8 different 21SF mags topped off to 13 without one hickup. Speer Gold Dot and Blazer 230 gr chrono at 200 PF!

I received mine from a GSSF match with an ambi mag release by mistake? I had requested the standard. (which by the way, frames are mag release specific and not interchangable). I was originally concerned about the corner of the mag release digging in but it has not been an issue for me even after a 300 rd day. A concern may be, however, the vulnerability of now having both sides bumped in a gun grab situation but I am not aware of one documented situation of even one side being a factor. I suppose I could file it down. If you had to order one and are right handed, I would stick to the standard model.

The 21SF mags work in the G30 so I can use those as spares instead of the standard 10 rounder.

For defensive/duty use, its hard to beat if you want a full size gun. A very accurate, light-weight gun with 14 rds of 45 ACP and ultra-reliable.

I believe it also has huge potential for IDPA.