Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bob Barry, A4426

Jack Suber

It is with deep sadness that I report the passing of Bob Barry. Bob passed away October 18, 2007, after a long illness. He was one of the "plank holders" of USPSA in South Carolina. Bob had to be one of the most accurate shooters I have ever had the pleasure to shoot with. His skill was truly amazing. He was always willing to help the new shooters - I am one of them. The South Carolina Section will miss him. Please keep his family in our prayers.

Here is his obiturary from the Charleston Post and Courier:

Robert Barry

BARRY, Robert Robert Lawrence "Bob" Barry, 69, of Charleston, formerly of Ishpeming, MI, entered into eternal rest on Thursday, October 18, 2007 at his residence. Mr. Barry was born in Ishpeming, MI, a son of the late Lawrence Louis Barry and the late Josephine Teresa DeFrusico Barry on Thursday, March 31, 1938. He was a graduate of Ishpeming High School before honorably serving our country in the United States Navy. Mr. Barry was a Master Diver for Salmon's Dredging Corp. and retired after thirty years of service. He was a member of the Palmetto Gun Club, the National Rifle Association and the United States Practical Shooting Association. Mr. Barry is survived by a daughter, Brenda B. Spurlin of Spartanburg, SC; four sons, James E. Barry (Teresa) of Meridian, MS, Thomas A. Barry (Rhonda) of Jacksonville, NC, Donnie Barry (Diane) of North Charleston, SC, Richard L. Barry (Kathy) of John's Island, SC; a brother, Lawrence Barry (Judy) of Ishpeming, MI; a sister in law, Lolita (Rosebud) Barry of Ishpeming, MI; his Aunt, Ann McCarthy of Ishpeming, MI; seven grandchildren; four great grandchildren and several nieces and nephews and cousins. He was predeceased by two sons, Robert L. Barry, Jr., Stephen M. Barry; two brothers, James Barry, Sr. and George Barry; his baby sister; a nephew, James Barry, Jr. and his son in law, Henry Spurlin. The relatives and friends of Robert Lawrence "Bob" Barry are invited to attend his Funeral Service at 11:00 AM, Wednesday, October 24, 2007 at the James A. McAlister Funeral Home, 1620 Savannah Hwy. The burial will be held in Mt. Pleasant Memorial Gardens. The family will be receiving friends from 4:00 PM until 6:00 PM on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at the James A. McAlister Funeral Home. In lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be made to the Scleroderma Foundation of South Carolina, 105 Andrews Corner, Easley, SC 29642. Arrangements are by JAMES A. MCALISTER FUNERAL HOME, (843) 766-1365. Visit our guestbook at www.charleston.net/deaths.

Published in the Charleston Post & Courier on 10/21/2007.

Sad goodbye to an old friend, Bob and Billy Strawn, were the two that took me under their wings and taught me this sport at the Palmetto Gun Club in the mid 80's, and laughed at my first match. They will both be missed but never forgotten

Jeff