Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

idpa reload from concealment.

LeeIndy

I'm not a pro, but

1) the magwell should be perpendicular to the ground to allow the not-so-easy (w/dirty mags) exit of the mag when you press the button

2) for practice purposes, it's a good idea not to have a mag in the gun so that you can do more reloads in less time(just don't get lazy on the button press)

3) to try speeding up the first part you can do some Burkett reload, where on the beep you try to get the mag just to the edge of the magwell as fast as you can(w/par time)

what's your baseline time for the slide lock reload so that I can geta reference and improve mine :D

You need to put some more urgency in driving your left arm to the mag. Looks smooth enough, just need to add some more zip.

i have tried speeding it up and i do it a hell of alot faster with out a vest on. theres a point were every now and then i wont get the vest out of the way.

ill work on it thanks for the tips

2) for practice purposes, it's a good idea not to have a mag in the gun so that you can do more reloads in less time(just don't get lazy on the button press)

I disagree, Practice as you shoot. Even an empty mag has weight and a "feel" to it. Lee was even doing the reloads with the slide locked back, I've seen lots of people practicing slide lock reloads like speed loads and it just isn't. Always have that mag in there and drop it into a cloths basket on a table or chair, do your load, then pick it back up with out bending over.

Also, Lee it looks pretty good but like others have said keep the magwll pointed at the ground for the initial drop and snap that hand to the mag, I know harder with the vest, eyeball that sucker in there then snap back on target!

Edited by steel1212

You can help get the vest out of the way by driving your weak hand to the mag - on the way, lightly touch your thumb to your belly all the way to the mag. Viola, should push the vest out of the way.

Option two is to quickly, and I mean quickly, snap your off hand to your vest and push it out of the way HARD. The proceed down to your mag.

Also, Lee it looks pretty good but like others have said keep the magwll pointed at the ground for the initial drop and snap that hand to the mag, I know harder with the vest, eyeball that sucker in there then snap back on target!

i cant reach the mag release without shifting my grip alittle thats why the mag well shifts. ive never had one hang up unless it was just bent. does it really make a difference.

You can help get the vest out of the way by driving your weak hand to the mag - on the way, lightly touch your thumb to your belly all the way to the mag. Viola, should push the vest out of the way.

thats the way i do it but when i come down i get my pinky under my vest and then sweep. using the thumb i keep getting part of the vest.