Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Having to fix everything!

G-ManBart

It seems that darned near everything I buy these days needs some kind of work to be right. Example: I buy a caliber conversion for one of my presses. The parts get here and I set it up...so far so good. I then find that about ten to fifteen times per 100 rounds, the case (new Starline) hangs up in the last stage and it abruptly stops the shell plate or it suddenly pops free which shakes powder out of the charged case that doesn't have a bullet on it yet...a big mess and a royal PITA. It takes a while to sort it out, but in the end I find that the shell plate is simply too tight on the cases...out comes Mr. Dremel and after five minutes everything is working like a champ. It's not a big deal but it seems like that sort of stuff happens more and more these days. I'll happily pay for the best stuff, but even that seems to have issues way too frequently.... :angry2:

Oh don't get me started, everything I have bought for the last couple years has been JUNK the way I remember it on most days. Cars, home supplies, gun parts, everything needs work to 'work' it seems. SV thumb safeties are the bright spot in my sheltered life lately, they are the same every time and WORK with just a bit of fitting......