Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Insight.com Products

I happened to be going through some papers and found the info sheet USPSA sends when you renew your membership for insight.com. Has anyone ever found a deal that is worth it on there? I was looking around quickly and found Deals? like this one:

Maxtor MaXLine II - hard drive - 250 GB - ATA-133

Image: Maxtor MaXLine II - Hard drive - 250 GB - internal - 3.5" - ATA-133 - 5400 rpm - buffer: 2 MB (pack of 20 )

• Capacity: 250 GB

• Interface Type: ATA-133

• Data Transfer Rate: 133 MBps

• Spindle Speed: 5400 rpm

Mfr Part #: 5A250J0-20PK

List Price:

USD$5861.70

Your Price:

USD$5738.62

as low as $205.44/mo.

I know I haven't worked in IT for a year or so but a 250gig ATA drive should cost about $50 or 60 dollars, not $5700. This wasn't the only price or product I found like that. I would like to know if we as an organization are paying anything for the right to be part of the Insight group. If so, we may want to reconsider.

Adam

I happened to be going through some papers and found the info sheet USPSA sends when you renew your membership for insight.com. Has anyone ever found a deal that is worth it on there? I was looking around quickly and found Deals? like this one:

Maxtor MaXLine II - hard drive - 250 GB - ATA-133

Image: Maxtor MaXLine II - Hard drive - 250 GB - internal - 3.5" - ATA-133 - 5400 rpm - buffer: 2 MB (pack of 20 )

• Capacity: 250 GB

• Interface Type: ATA-133

• Data Transfer Rate: 133 MBps

• Spindle Speed: 5400 rpm

Mfr Part #: 5A250J0-20PK

List Price:

USD$5861.70

Your Price:

USD$5738.62

as low as $205.44/mo.

I know I haven't worked in IT for a year or so but a 250gig ATA drive should cost about $50 or 60 dollars, not $5700. This wasn't the only price or product I found like that. I would like to know if we as an organization are paying anything for the right to be part of the Insight group. If so, we may want to reconsider.

Adam

My company always you insight.com

I dunno. For $5700, I'd expect it to be a pack of at least 40 of the beasts, and a coupon for a dozen coffee beverages from the local Starbucks franchise.

Ya that does still seem kinda expensive. I've been out of IT for years so I have no idea....maybe they special? :lol: