Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adjusting Safariland "Cup Challenge" Holster

Evil Dog

Have a couple of these in leather basketweave finish. It appears to be a thin layer of leather over a plastic type shell. They both work fine with a K-frame revolver but are tighter on an L or N frame.... even with opening up the adjusting all the way. I am wondering if the holster can be adjusted by heating it up a bit with a hair dryer to soften up the plastic shell a bit of judicious bending? Perhaps putting in the N-frame with a thin piece of leather around the cylinder, heating up the holster and then let it cool with the N-frame in place. Then when the leather shim is removed, in theory the holster should then be too big and can be adjusted smaller using the normal adjusting screws. Think this would work? Thanks.

sounds like that should work

my son "little ffl" has a plastic (kydex?) cup for his 686+ and it was really tight. we put a small amount of heat on it and it worked somewhat but I still had to do a carmoney to the top so he could get the gun out of the rig. You might not have to do that. Little ffl is just that little and he has no waist to hold the rig in place.