Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Airport luggage theft

Carlos

If you get to your destination and find that you bag is missing, let the luggage person from your airline know that you are leaving their desk to go call the FBI and let them know there is a gun loose in the sterile zone of their airport, and every airport you passed through.

Thanks Dave/Matt. I WILL remember this.

You're reporting a problem, you're just stating facts, you're highlighting the only correct course of action.

I wish that someone like Travelsafe would make a bag with some integral internal loop that something could be locked to. I have a Master Lock on my gun case. If there were an internal loop in the bag, I'd just arrange everything to put the lock hasp around that, too.

Anybody out there in the luggage community listening ...?

shred has some photos of his luggage arrangement here on the forum somewhere. I've done something similar, based on his design, for mine. Still, its only about as secure as plastic coated cable can be, but they'd have to either have heavy wire cutters handy, or take the whole bag out of the area to cut it apart. Basically, its just a nuisance protection, and nothing serious. Anything you can lock it up with, someone can cut it back out of, and if its only locked into the bag, its not all that secure....