Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nike Maxsight Contacts

Calamity Jane

What I'd like to know is there any problems wearing contacts while shooting?

No - why would there be?

No problems falling out? Dust?

NOPE!

Dust....no more a risk than without contacts.

I carry saline solution in my gun bag for any problems or discomforts that may arise.

I put my 15 year old son in contacts for the very purpose of shooting. I felt his eyes were safer in contacts with shooting glasses...rather than just plain glasses. ;) Plus...more cost effective. To get prescription shooting glasses...well just ask XRE about that :lol: He can tell you about the Oakley's he still hasn't bought :lol:

What I'd like to know is there any problems wearing contacts while shooting?

No - why would there be?

No problems falling out? Dust?

NOPE!

I carry saline solution in my gun bag for any problems or discomforts that may arise.

I put my 15 year old son in contacts for the very purpose of shooting. I felt his eyes were safer in contacts with shooting glasses...rather than just plain glasses. ;) Plus...more cost effective. To get prescription shooting glasses...well just ask XRE about that :lol: He can tell you about the Oakley's he still hasn't bought :lol:

Thanks for the info. Found out yesterday that glasses would help especially for driving at night. I figured contacts would be the way to go for shooting, but this is all new to me so the more info the better. Where's the best place to get contacts? My right eye has a astigmatism and is 20/30, left is 20/25.

Edited by walangkatapat

The only additional risk is that gritty stuff that gets in there can be more uncomfortable with a lens in... And you definitely don't want to rub ;)

+1

To get prescription shooting glasses...well just ask XRE about that :lol: He can tell you about the Oakley's he still hasn't bought :lol:

:rolleyes: Still on my radar ;) 'Specially w/ summer rolling in...

I'd like to try them but I have astigmatism and I don't think Nike makes lenses for it.

I'm not an optometrist... but to some extent, soft lenses will conform to the shape of the eye. In fact, this is why soft lenses are less sharp than glasses or hard lenses. The silicone hydrogel lenses are somewhere in between, somewhat closer to soft than rigid - but they benefit more than a regular soft lens. Since I can change the color the lenses in my M-frames, I'm sticking with the solution that offers me sharper visual acuity (in my experience - YMMV). If Nike ever makes MaxSight in a silicone hydrogel format, I'll give 'em a whirl... ;)

I would ask your doc, if you're interested in trying them out - he'll tell you if you have more astigmatism than the lenses will accomodate...