Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NRA Board Member - Says we only need 5 round Mags

iggyort

Gentlemen:

Please see my enclosed E-mail to the NRA Board. Mr. Joaquin Jackson current member of the NRA Board of Directors feels that we should only have five round magazines.

Please call the NRA at (800)-672-3888 or e-mail your NRA State coordinator and ask for his removal from the NRA Board and expulsion from the NRA.

Shoot Quickly, Accurately and Safely

Iggyort

Link to Comments http://www.klru.org/texasmonthlytalks/arch...son/jackson.asp

My Letter to the Board:

Members of the NRA Board of Directors and fellow Members:

I am writing to you in reference to the 2005 comments of NRA Board of Directors Member Joaquin Jackson supporting the limiting of magazine capacity of civilians to five rounds.

I became aware of his past statements of limiting the magazine capacity of civilians on www.ar15.com. As a Member of the NRA,ANJRPC, AR15.com, a participant in Practical Shooting Competitions and coming from the State of New Jersey , a State which severely limits my Second Amendment Rights I find Mr. Joaquin Jackson’s comments deeply disturbing

I want him expelled from the NRA immediately. If Mr. Jackson feels that I should not own a firearm with more than 5 rounds in it, then I do not want him representing me in the NRA. The NRA should notify Mr. Jackson that the Second Amendment is not about hunting .

Please demand his resignation immediately or allow him to resign (in disgrace). The last thing I want is a former member of law enforcement telling me that I should not own Firearms with a certain magazine capacity.

His views that are recorded on video (SEE BELOW) are being widely distributed on the internet and only hurts the NRA. It is only a matter of time before our enemies gets a hold of it to support their fanatical gun control agenda.

Link- http://www.klru.org/texasmonthlytalks/arch...son/jackson.asp

As a NRA Member I demand a response to this outrage .

Sincerely and respectfully a proud NRA Member,

XXXXX XXXXXXXX

NRA Member- 000XXXXX

Friends of the NRA Committee (Member and Sponsor) - , New Jersey 2007

ANJRPC Member- XXXX

USPSA Member- TY XXXXX

IDPA Member- A XXXX

OB Rifle & Pistol Club, NJ Member XXXXX

Edited by iggyort

Thanks! I'll be sending a nastygram instead of the remainder of my life membership dues like I originally planned. Not sure what it'll take to get the message through the NRA's incredibly dense collective skull...sigh....

Thanks! I'll be sending a nastygram instead of the remainder of my life membership dues like I originally planned. Not sure what it'll take to get the message through the NRA's incredibly dense collective skull...sigh....

Here try the NRA News e-mail cam@nranews.com

You would think that the Practical Shooting Community would be outrage by the comments of this Moron who currently sits on the NRA Board

But no, let’s just worry about our STIs , making Major with our reloads and our transition times …………

This is a great Sport and we should defended it at every opportunity

Iggyort

So far, the NRA's position has been: "He was elected by the membership and is entitled to his (anti-AR15) opinion. I personally believe that a better outcome would be for the NRA to force Mr. Jackson to eat his words and come around the way Jim Zumbo has. I discovered this issue on ar15.com at the following link:

LINK TO AR-15.COM DISCUSSION

BTW - AR15.com recently "partnered" with the NRA to sign up new NRA memberships. I don't see why anyone from the AR15.com community would join the NRA while one of the NRAs' board members went to a newspaper reporter and told them he was in favor of banning the AR15 and limiting magazine capacity to 5 rounds.

Here is part of what I posted over there on the topic:

Keep up the pressure! Pressure managed to reform a man like Zumbo and brought him back on board.

Here is what to do: post this info to every gunboard, list server, friend w/ an email account & a membership, ect. and ask them to call the NRA (800)-672-3888 . Then pass it on.

AR15.com has partnered with the NRA. I want to see that partnership work out. It will be much easier to sign up more NRA members from the massive membership of AR15.com once the NRA has done something about one of their board members actively voicing his support for banning civilian possession of the AR15 (he said it, he has not retracted it, and the response so far is: "he's entitled to his opinion" - that is how it stands right now).

I am not asking he be removed, just that he respond to the criticism he voiced in a published newspaper article.

Does he still stand by his position in favor of banning the AR-15?"

C.

[quote

I am not asking he be removed, just that he respond to the criticism he voiced in a published newspaper article.

Does he still stand by his position in favor of banning the AR-15?"

C.

[

The NRA Replies :

STATEMENT OF JOAQUIN JACKSON

Recently, some misunderstandings have arisen about a news interview in which I participated a few years ago. After recently watching a tape of that interview, I understand the sincere concerns of many people, including dear friends of mine. And I am pleased and eager to clear up any confusion about my long held belief in the sanctity of the Second Amendment.

In the interview, when asked about my views of “assault weapons,” I was talking about true assault weapons – fully automatic firearms. I was not speaking, in any way, about semiautomatic rifles. While the media may not understand this critical distinction, I take it very seriously. But, as a result, I understand how some people may mistakenly take my comments to mean that I support a ban on civilian ownership of semiautomatic firearms. Nothing could be further from the truth. And, unfortunately, the interview was cut short before I could fully explain my thoughts and beliefs.

In fact, I am a proud owner of such rifles, as are millions of law-abiding Americans. And many Americans also enjoy owning fully automatic firearms, after being cleared by a background check and meeting the rigorous regulations to own such firearms. And these millions of lawful gun owners have every right – and a Second Amendment right – to own them.

As a hunter, I take great pride in my marksmanship. Every hunter should practice to be skilled to take prey with a single shot, if possible. That represents ethical, humane, skilled hunting. In the interview several years ago, I spoke about this aspect of hunting and my belief that no hunter should take the field and rely upon high capacity magazines to take their prey.

But that comment should never be mistaken as support for the outright banning of any ammunition magazines. In fact, such bans have been pursued over the years by state legislatures and the United States Congress and these magazine bans have always proven to abject failures.

Let me be very clear. As a retired Texas Ranger, during 36 years of law enforcement service, I was sworn to uphold the United States Constitution. As a longtime hunter and shooter, an NRA Board Member, and as an American – I believe the Second Amendment is a sacred right of all law-abiding Americans and, as I stated in the interview in question, I believe it is the Second Amendment that ensures all of our other rights handed down by our Founding Fathers.

I have actively opposed gun bans and ammunition and magazine bans in the past, and I will continue to actively oppose such anti-gun schemes in the future.

I appreciate my friends who have brought this misunderstanding to light, for it has provided me an opportunity to alleviate any doubts about my strong support for the NRA and our Second Amendment freedom.