Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adapter use in Case Feeder

amlevin

I received my XL-650 today, set it up, and loaded my first hundred rounds of 9mm with it. While reading the instructions, they made reference to an adapter that needed to be used in the case feeder funnel when feeding 9mm rounds. I didn't receive it even though I ordered the 650 set up for 9mm (without dies) and including the case feeder.

Has Dillon made a change and this "adapter" is not needed for 9mm? I had absolutely NO problems feeding cases. Can anyone out there offer some insight or advice?

Thanks,

BTW-----This press is sure a far cry from my old "Model T" progressive (Lee 1000).

The adapter is a white plastic funnel shaped like the top opening of the case feeder guide. I found that if I just switch the feeder to "slow", I don't need it. It can jam if you run it on high, but that's only if it's loading up an empty tube start up or if you ran it down without the feeder topping off on each round.

UPDATE-

I received an e-mail from Brian yesterday and Dillon has stopped shipping the adapter with the casefeeder. It is no longer needed, possibly due to some refinement of design.

Thanks for the responses.

• 3 weeks later...