Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm researching camper tops for my new truck and have looked at Leer, A.R.E. and Snugtop. I like the Leer the best so far, but the nicer models won't be available for a couple of weeks...the 100R is okay, but the 100XQ looks sweet and is what I'd prefer. A.R.E. has the V and Z series available and both look decent. Snugtop doesn't show availability dates at all at this point.

So what brands/models have you had and which do you prefer? I've seen a Leer 100R on a truck almost identical to mine and the color match was perfect...if it didn't have the silly metal frame around the rear window I'd probably order one now.

I've seen pics of an A.R.E. Z series on a similar truck to mine and the owner claims the color match wasn't quite right, which worries me. Any thoughts?

I have had a couple A.R.E. tops on various trucks and they were all really nice.

My new truck I had them put the dodge touneau(sp) on from the factory. Really wish I would have gotten another ARE product at this point.

I have a LEER on my 2004 Heritage (F150) and got all the options other than the modular load system on top. I love the top... good layup quality and the paint was a perfect match. The ONLY thing I didn't end up being happy with was the clothes hangers. My fault really. I overloaded them and they broke. I got warranty replacements, but now use a stainless steel shower rod when I have a lot of clothes to carry.

Get the solenoid lift gate lock release!

I researched them all... Leer is the best all round for looks and all. If you don't need the sleek fit, ARE has better choices for tool boxes et all... Jerry Miculek's setup is very cool... and it's an ARE I believe...