Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Production Load

glock17w

i just started reloading for production and i am using 3.8 grains of titegroup and master blaster 125 grn bullets, i am make 130ish power factor out my 34.

Now that *is* interesting. You're using the polymer bullets and loading them as if they were lead?

i just started reloading for production and i am using 3.8 grains of titegroup and master blaster 125 grn bullets, i am make 130ish power factor out my 34.

Now that *is* interesting. You're using the polymer bullets and loading them as if they were lead?

Graham - They are lead. :) The MBs are standard cast bullets with a polymer coating rather than bullet lube for lubrication. They seem to work okay in autos, but can be problematic in revolvers. They tend to run faster with the same powder charge than standard lead bullets.

That is good info. I've been shooting a lot of MB's this year, because the cost is pretty reasonable. I have chrono'd my major 40 load, but not my minor 40 nor 9mm.

For minor 40 I used ~3.7gr of TG or n320, and found it made 150pf at the last match. Zippier than I'd have liked.

Last night I just shot a bunch of 125grn 9mm out of a G17 on top of 4.1gr of TG, and they too felt a tad hot. I'm thinking 3.9 should be perfect. Hate how MB's smoke with TG, however, but I don't have another powder measure, and I'll live with it.

• 2 weeks later...