Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If we don't 'start' somewhere, the already-needless spending will just get worse. Welfare hogs are one of my pet peeves. Better to try an ruthlessly weed them out somehow. And what if a recipient is a drug-user but HASN'T been convicted (yet)?? Until they're busted or tested, the agency dispensing their benefits will just never know......

If we don't 'start' somewhere, the already-needless spending will just get worse. Welfare hogs are one of my pet peeves. Better to try an ruthlessly weed them out somehow. And what if a recipient is a drug-user but HASN'T been convicted (yet)?? Until they're busted or tested, the agency dispensing their benefits will just never know......

And if the state is like Marion County here in Indianapolis they don't even check.

A recent study showed a large number of people convicted of a drug crime still getting benefits.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to

people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a

urine test to get a welfare check, because I have to pass one to earn it

for them?

That's a great idea but who would enforce it?

Laws only seem to apply to law-abiding citizens not the dirt-bag low-lifes you're referring to.

~Nanci~

God, I'm putting that on the bumper of my car!!! One of the biggest pains in THIS community is the City of Eugene Planning Department... and wrenching your building permit from their cold, stupid hands. Sometimes takes a full year. Not kidding. It's insane. :rolleyes:

Hey Sig Lady, I just drove through Eugene yesterday morning at 6 a.m. and saw a great sign on a gun shop/shooting range on the east side of I-5 just south of town that said something like "Shoot a Real Tommy Gun Here". Too early to stop, but I thought this town can't be ALL bad...

Yeh, that's The Baron's Den--the place where I've been shooting for about 6 years or so. Great place!

The Tommy Gun shoot thing is quite profitable. Not only local people indulge in a couple of magsful now and then, but as we ARE are Interstate-5 we see a lot of folks on-the-road from California and other places who just stop in, sign the waiver, pay their bucks, blast away, and leave happy. It's a supervised shoot so no one screws up. Everyone has fun. It's often a family thing, too. Again, it's been a profitable thing for the range. Several thousand $$$ a year, at least.