Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thumb rest on a limited gun

Glockster35

Unlike many of you, I do not make the cash it seems most of you have. I am Active Duty Enlisted, so that should tell you something. That and I have a wife (who doesn't work/Full time student) and two boys 10 and 9 I support.

My truck is reliable enough to get me to work and back, I don't trust it much farther than 20 miles. My other car is usually driven by the wife, and while it was paid off last month, it does not get good gas mileage, so I don't plan to drive it anywhere while the gas prices sit where they are.

Arredondo should make a good thumb rest for open glocks that is attached to the front rail. There, now that I said it, I hope someone does it. Because that'll work real well.

I "shoot" an open glock on occasion and never thought about this until reading this post. There is a glock "strap-on" thumb rest out there, it wraps around high on the backstrap and is held in place by a longer ejector housing pin. It is like an ambi safety on a "real" gun. I may have to try 1 although it would defeat the purpose of shooting a glock in all divisions (same grip angle/feel). :blink:

I use one of these "glockthumb" Comp 2 thumb rest on my G17 Open gun.

Along with the thumb rest on the side of the carver competition mount.

This combo gives a great feel and limits gun movement during recoil.

Even major 9 loads feel soft.

Hooroo.

Regards, Trevor.

Grafton.

Australia

legal in standard division in IPSC but not in USPSA limited div. but i put one on mine anyway. :rolleyes:

Some people will always try and get away with cheating. One of the true pleasures of hammering them when RO'ing an Area match or Nationals.

Rich