Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Awareness

Jeeper

I have a general mental question. When you are practicing and notice many things that are wrong with your form or shooting what do you concentrate on fixing? Or how many things do you try and fix at once?

For example:

Say you are practing a draw and notice 3-5 things wrong at the same time. Do you focus on fixing them one at a time or all at once? Do you take out the big problems first?

I fix the first thing I notice first, practice a bit and fix the next thing I notice etc.

If you make 5 changes at once you are likely to create 5 new problems. Sometimes you can correct 2 things and fix 5 problems.

If you have a problem, it will require focus to fix. You can only focus on one thing at a time.

Start at the most basic. Rebuild your foundation.

Break each action into steps (and then try to break the steps down). Boil everything down to the small component.

Then, slooowly, put the basic steps together.

Ditto what Flex and kaiserb said!

Set a written goal for each area you want to improve. If you don't already have a spiral note book of practice notes and goals, get one started. Then you can, as Flex said, "focus on one thing at a time". When you meet your goals one at a time, that's improvement. And visible improvement just makes you feel happy all over! :)

Another goal..... more improvement..... more happy..... another goal....more improvement.....more happy.....

Pretty soon, you're shooting better than ever and having a great time doing it! HAHAHAHAHA!