Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

200gr LSWC w/231

billdncn

I have some Widener's 200gr. #068 LSWC leftover from years back that I want to finish off. I've seen data ranging from 5.0 to 5.8 here

Win. load data shows 4.4 (771fps) to 5.6 (914fps) max @ 1.225" oal.

Looking for about 850fps from a 5" 1911. I'm thinking 5.2 to 5.4 at an oal of about 1.245"

Looking for Win. 231 data only please. I don't want this to turn into another 231 vs Titegroup, vs Clays, etc. <_<

Thanks

I ran some GAT bullets (LSWC) in front of 5.0 grs. of WW 231 and was running about 800 fps. in my Wilson KZ-45, 5". I went to 5.3 and got 860 average. A friend shooting a Springfield had to bump up the powder to get above 825 fps.

Your best bet is to get with someone that can chronograph your loads. Not all guns are equal when it comes to velocity.

When we tested those loads it was cool (60's) and they may run faster in the summer.

Good Luck, Buddy

Thanks Buddy.

I've loaded some with 5.4gr. at an oal of 1.230". I'll just shoot'm up at local matches. If, and when I come across a crono with this load we'll then see what happens. I may end up using 200gr SWC's after I try some of Precision 230's in route to me now. I'll see how I like them. I may end up liking the 200 grainers better.

I think I'm in the ballpark.

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...