Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.45ACP Pistol Cal Carbine Recipes?

Resq47

Are there any subject matter experts on loading for .45ACP PCC's? Next month I'll have my AR45 together and I'd like to avoid reinventing the wheel if I can.

My gun will have a 16" barrel (OlyArms blowback) and I've plugged enough numbers to see that whatever I do the 100yd holdover will be sporty. This will be a match gun for our version of 2-gun with shots from 3-100yds. I currently load 3.7gr Clays under 230gr RNFP Precision Bullets in a 5" Kimber, if I change things significantly I'll likely go with SWC's to differentiate carbine from pistol ammo.

Anyone been down this road already?

Are there any subject matter experts on loading for .45ACP PCC's? Next month I'll have my AR45 together and I'd like to avoid reinventing the wheel if I can.

My gun will have a 16" barrel (OlyArms blowback) and I've plugged enough numbers to see that whatever I do the 100yd holdover will be sporty. This will be a match gun for our version of 2-gun with shots from 3-100yds. I currently load 3.7gr Clays under 230gr RNFP Precision Bullets in a 5" Kimber, if I change things significantly I'll likely go with SWC's to differentiate carbine from pistol ammo.

Anyone been down this road already?

Try Blue Dot. I haven't loaded for a 45 ACP carbine for ages, but Blue Dot was always the top performer for us in those days. Hodgdon HS6 was another choice, but I believe that's been discontinued.

I have a couple of the semi auto Thompsons and shoot my wheelgun loads through them. 4.1 gr Clays and 230gr Masterblaster bullet. Runs fine. I have a 18" tall steel plate in the pasture. The longest level shot is 65 yards. I hold at the top to hit the bottom. (plus you can eat a sandwich while waiting for the "ding")

Great fun.

Dave

I have a couple of the semi auto Thompsons and shoot my wheelgun loads through them. 4.1 gr Clays and 230gr Masterblaster bullet. Runs fine. I have a 18" tall steel plate in the pasture. The longest level shot is 65 yards. I hold at the top to hit the bottom. (plus you can eat a sandwich while waiting for the "ding")

Great fun.

Dave

539252099_4026288d87.jpg

One of the guys shot his new Thompson repro last month in roughly issue gear. There's definitely some hang time on the 100 yard targets ;)

My rail is here and the rest of the rifle should be here by mid-July. Then I can figure out if I need more pedal than the 3.7gr standard I shoot will give up :cheers: