Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stripped my JPoint optic- Now what?

I was sighting in my JPoint sight on my rifle and I ended up stripping the adjustment screw and now I can't get the thing out. I've tried super glueing an allen wrench to see if I could back the screw out but no such luck. The elevation is way off on this thing so even with shims I won't be able to get it right. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this thing? Should I send it back to JP and hope he can get it out? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Pete

Pete -

STOP SCREWING WITH THIS.

Send it back to JP. If it is possible to fix the situation without damage, JP can take care of it. If JP can't do it, it means it can't be done. Either way, you will get the best possible outcome.

I had a screw seize when I mounted an ACOG directly to the CTR-02 upper. I stripped the head of the screw, trashed an allen wrench, and couldn't budge the screw. JP removed it without a trace of damage to the scope or rifle, and got it back to me very quickly.

That's what I was thinking. I'll ship it back on Monday morning and have him fix it. Thanks Rob for letting me check out that JP Acog at last weeks match. I ended up ordering one and got it yesterday. I can't believe how clear this glass is. I have Monday off so I'll be at the range sighting it in. I wanted to put the JPoint back on and sight that in on Monay as well but it looks like I'm sending that back. I wish we had more rifle matches around as I can't believe how much fun that was. I've decided to switch everything over to open and I ordered a JP Open shotgun as well. Now all I need is to create some extra time for practice...