Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Didn't Know Where To Put This, So Here It Is

ChrisStock

Being relatively new to this forum, and damn new to reloading, I just sent my first batch of handiwork downrange at lunch today. I would never had had the inkling to even attempt to load my own without finding this place by happenstance a month ago. Good master Enos sold me a 550, and after today's experience of seeing them tearing up paper, I am thrilled. The first things I had to do:

60 second Drill - 64 rounds I was trying to see if I could cause a failure . I am happy to report zero faults ( at least with the ammo itself) :D

15 second drill - 16 rounds

I know this is probably glacier like speeds compared to some here. Well, probably most here, but hell, it is a vast improvement.

This was my first batch of ammo, and I think it'll be a good one for high volume practice. I used 115grain RN cast lead from Bulletmeister, 3.4 grains of TG, Federal Small pistol primers, and all the acceptable brass I could scrounge from my nearest range and clean for free. OAL varied quite a bit, being seriously mixed brass, but I checked every single round with a case gauge before placing it in the range tray.

Absolute minimal recoil, which made it easier to work on my new grip, but it did smoke like a '73 Trabant. It was an indoor range, and thankfully I was alone, or everyone on the line might have been asphyxiated. Zero concussive effect, which is usually somewhat of a problem in such a confined space.

Keep in mind I was away from firearms for quite a few years, but seemed to have picked it up again just fine. Good Uncle Sam broke me of wanting to shoot for a long time. I guess I needed a few years to come to my senses. This is FUN.

Thanks again to all of you who have posted such great information for consumption...all of my lurking has paid off.

Shooting and reloading has brought me a lifetime of enjoyment.

If you get half as much out of it as I have you can count yourself lucky.

It's a good day when someone joins the party.

It seems today was a very good day.

Welcome.

Tls