Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Odd match trouble

miyamoto

You know...it seems like everytime I get my hands on somebody else's Glock...it needs oil.

- one drop on each rail

- one drop where the connector and the nose of the trigger bar meet

- one 1/2 drop on the "sear" portion of the trigger bar that contacts the striker tang

- one 1/4 drop on the ramp portion of the trigger bar that pushes up the safety plunger

- one or two drops around the end of the barrel where the slide travels

- I like a drop each on the barrel lugs...one at the top, where it notches into the front of the ejection port and one at the bottom where there is metal to metal contact with the locking block.

Brian's Slide Glide <click here> works really well too.

Very good information in this post. I too used to never clean my Glock magazines, but at one match in Idaho (back in 1999) I learned a valuable lesson. Each stage was a classifier and I was really ready to move up a class. But my malfunctions stopped it from happening! Never did move up a class, ended up moving to Germany before I was able to make it happen!

Today, if a mag hits the dirt, it get's cleaned before it is re-loaded! I also lube my pistol (much like Flexmoney suggests) before each range session, and after every thorough cleaning! As the saying goes, a bit of prevention...well you know the rest!