Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Illinois Section

aerosigns

Very unfortunate timing, in that it overlaps the fantastic Big Dawg Steel match in nearby eastern Iowa (which has been scheduled for the last weekend in July ever since the match started).

I have shot a couple of Illinois sectional matches, and would like to do so again, but I would not give up the chance to shoot the Big Dawg, it's just waaaaaay too much fun.

(When will match organizers get their heads out of their rears and make sure they're not sticking a match right on top of somebody else's? Invariably, it hurts participation at both matches and frustrates the serious shooters who don't want to miss either one....)

I was considering the Ill sectional and I'd hate to miss the Big Dawg this year but there are two local 3-gun matches that weekend. One of which I get to put on my match director hat for. So I guess I'll stick around MN that weekend.

you shoot big dawg on sat,then jump across the river and shoot illinois on sun,sound like a lot of shooting fun that weekend. i know you can do it.

And finally, dgarrity quits lurking around and makes his very first post--welcome!!

(Just so everybody knows, the "d" in dgarrity stands for "Downtown Brown"....) ;)

That's a good idea about shooting the Illinois match on Sunday, and just might be an option for some folks, but Sam and I already paid in to shoot the Big Dawg shootoffs on Sunday, so the "ironman" concept isn't going to work for us this year. Oh well, there are always going to be conflicts that can't be avoided.

i think we were back at the motel around 11

We'll try to have you back to your motel room and in your jammies by 8:30 next time, OK? :rolleyes:

(The visit to the Starlite was great, lots of big-boned local talent, Cliff and his 14-year-old wingman Sam would have really enjoyed the action.)

+1 to welcoming 'Downtown' to actually joining the fray on here.

You bugged out quick the other day, I wanted to tell you that it was a good time shooting with you, as usual. And don't you believe those other guys, it's perfectly all right to slam back 10 or 12 the night before a shoot. :wacko:

Mike - Where is this Big Dawg you speak of?

Lowell. It's quickly becoming a major steel match. I suspect this year's match has already sold out, but if not, you'd be crazy not to shoot it if you live anywhere close. Tons of shooting, tons of fun:

www.bigdawgsteel.com

Big Dawg steel match was a great match last year. Humbling may be a better word, though. ;)

If you're thinking of going Jim, look at the required round count. Double it. And then throw in a few extra hundred just to be safe. :ph34r:

Lowell. It's quickly becoming a major steel match. I suspect this year's match has already sold out, but if not, you'd be crazy not to shoot it if you live anywhere close. Tons of shooting, tons of fun:

www.bigdawgsteel.com

i sure hope not sent app. in yesterday and illinois today