Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good Major Load With N320

Coolduckboy

Hello, I have some N320 laying around and want to see if i can make a major load from me. wondering how many grains to start with or if anyone else has a good load for it.

Using 180 gr. Precision Delta FMJ and CCI Small Pistol Magnum primers

What gun? That's an important part of the equation. :)

In a G35, stock barrel: 4.6g of n320 w/ 180 JHP Montana Gold

In my STI Edge: 5.0 of n320 w/ 180 JHP Montana Gold

-Mike

Edit to add: both w/ Winchester small primers. Rifle in the Edge, pistol in the Glock.

Edited by cnemikeman

I'm loading 4.7gr of N320 behind the PD 180gr fmj at 1.20 oal and a Federal SP or SR primer. With the SR I get a little higher velocity, but it's not a huge difference (using up 5K of SP primers for my practice ammo). I'm running them through an STI Edge and the last time I chrono'd them the average was 955fps for a power factor of 172 with a SD of 8. It was in the mid-40s when I chrono'd them that time. Accuracy has been excellent and it's a very, very clean load. I clean the gun before each match, but not normally between practice sessions with zero malfunctions. For matches I use the same load with a Zero 180gr jhp.

g35 stock barrel n320 major load

almost identical to cnemikeman

oal 1.135

.422 crimp

zero jhp

4.6gr n230

winchester sp primers, but switching to magtech soon.

I am ordering a briley barrel soon as extra safety precaution, so will probably have to bump the load up some.

At any rate, this gives me a soft shooting 170pf

I am so happy I switched to VV powder. Worth the extra expense. Shoots softer than my titegroup load with less pressure signs for me using mixed brass.

Good luck,

Will

I have had soem people asking why i am shooting with VV. I think it is a more stable powder than some others i have used in the past and is pretty clean.

Thanks alot for the information. I will be switching to N320 load in the next week.