Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Npccc Revolver Mania Match 4-29-07

Cherryriver

I am new to this Forum and certainly hope it's not out of line to post a mention of a club match here, but I see some others and so will try this one.

At North Porter County Conservation Club in Chesterton, IN, Rangemaster Nick (as he prefers to be called) puts on a fun revolver match every year, complicated and with lots of trick targets. While it looks like a USPSA style match, it is not affiliated with any sanctioning body and uses its own rules.

About fifty miles away and a few weeks later, the wonderful people of the Bend of the River Conservation Club in Niles, MI (a little ways north of South Bend, IN) are having a "Revolver versus 1911" match that I'm looking forward to as well. These guys run excellent USPSA matches and this should be every bit as good.

I refer you to the NP site for links to both. www.npccc.net

Look for the guy with the beat-up Python.

See you out there.

Bill

Edited by Cherryriver

Bill, how often do they hold these matches? I'm going to be in Tulsa that weekend, but would like to shoot one of these in the future. I'm assuming they allow mooners even though they only mention speedloaders...

Jerry

Jerry-

This is a non-standard, not to say renegade match that's outside the lines a bit. Nick likes to do two a year but can't always. He used to do his own 3-gun, too but since the club now has a USPSA contingent, they have taken that responsibility.

I don't know if he's doing another; there's an open date the last weekend of September that's in play. We might do one of our Prac-Tac shotgun/pistol matches, too.

If so, those are as six-shooter friendly as can be. Every pistol string is eleven or twelve shots and everyone is forced to do one reload no matter. I know; I'm the match director.

I will pass along if Nick does another Revo Mania as soon as I know.

As for moonclips, there are no distinctions in reloading devices. He does permit the bottomfeeders to load up ten plus one or something if they want, but also accepts six-shot mags, too.

The big distinctions are optics, comps, and more-than-six-holes.

Wish I had some pictures but it was raining so hard last year I declined to soak my new Nikon. Even so, 17 goofies ran the course, as compared to the usual 40 or so.

I will add that Nick is inordinately fond of moving, turning, flipping, and gyrating targets. I'm not saying that's bad.

Also, the club is about 45 minutes southeast of Chicago and eight miles due south of the Dunes Park area, and right off I-80/90.

Bill