Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster and Belt setup needed

cruizer

cruizer,

what are you going to use the rig for?  For IDPA, I would recommend a Bladetech holster, uncle mike's double mag pouches and a Wilderness Tac 1.75" 5 stitch belt.  

Now that I've said that I don't think the 17L is legal for IDPA.....so you must be using it for something else.

On the low budget end: I use an Uncle Mike's Kydex holster for my G35.  Works great, and only cost about $25.  The muzzle sticks out the bottom of the holster a little.  Your 17L will stick out maybe 1/2" or 3/4".  I have not had any problems because of this, though.

On the high end, you can get a Ghost or Limcat.  They both have good locking mechanisms, and are super fast.

I'm using a BladeTech straight drop holster for my G34 with a high quality 1.5" leather belt and 3 Ky-Tac mag holders though BladeTech holders work well, also.  Uncle Mikes mag holders are ok, but a little deep.  I use a 1.5" belt so that I can wear the belt with any pair of pants I might happen to have on at the time.  The BladeTech is adjustable for either 1.5" or 1.75" belts.  The Ky-Tac holsters are nice too, if you can find one.

The best belt on the market is the Rescomp CR speed belt, there are several companies selling this, the velcro is reversed so the under belt does not stick to your clothes and the outer belt is the most rigid belt on the market.

of course I should mention the "ghost Holster" for the glock.

http://www.ghostholster.com

i also agree that the Blade Tech is and excellent holster I use this for IDPA for my CZ 75 and also for IPSC production