Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fumbling reloads

Due to a 45-day gun ban, I was able to focus on my mag changes at home.  Everthing seemed to be well and I was constantly beating my timer set at 1.2 secs.  Last Sunday, I went to the range to try out if I could hit my targets with a 1.2sec reloads. But DANG! Most of my reloads where fumbled even when I upped the time to 1.8secs.  After thinking about it for quite some time I realized I was watching where my mags were falling!  And making a mental note of how my mags were getting dirty! (It was drizzling on and off and the ground was wet.)  This distracted me enough that I wasn't really focusing on when the mag was about to be inserted.  Jeesh! After taking a little rest and re-assuring myself that my mags will be fine in the dirt everything went as I had practiced at home. Oh, BTW, the 1.2 was only good for targets out to 5 yards. SIGH.

What's a 45 day gun ban?

BTW, if you create a tangible pause just below the mag cavity, you'll never miss a reload.

Thank Matt Burkett for that one, by way of the video set.

(warning, off color joke ahead)

You can always skip the pause after you're nailin' em like interns.

SA

Hi, SA.  we have a law back here regarding local elections of public officials.  It states that our "CCW" permit (we call it PTCFOR or PTC for short, for Permit to Carry Firearms Outside of Residence) is temporarily suspended 15 days before the election date and 30 days after that.  This was supposed to curb on gun-related violence in the heat of the campaign period esp. in the provinces (outside of the major cities).  Not sure if I could call it a benefit (for us PTC holders), though.  Reading the news there seems to be a surge of hold-ups, cellphone snatchings, rapes and home intrusions (to name a few) during these times.  Oh well, it may be stupid but it's the law. DANG!  Just thankful it's over. :)

• 2 weeks later...