Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Saber Defense Price Increase

rubberneck

One of the projects that I have going on right now is an AR build. It isn't the most important thing going on right now for me so I buy parts here and there when I get the chance or when I think about it.

A month and a half ago I priced out a stripped 16 inch M4 barrel and was quoted $250 (it might have been $230) for the barrel. One thing led to the other and I got busy with other things and never pulled the trigger. I finally got back to it today and the same barrel is now $350. Yikes. That is a pretty serious jump.

It's too bad. I have heard good things about their product but now that they are in the Noveske/PacNor price range I'd be hard pressed to buy a SD barrel.

Edited by rubberneck

I had the same thing happen to me. I spoke with a salesman and he backed out all of the miscellaneous pieces that I didn't need and quoted me $230 for a stripped barrel. My dad ordered it for me 2 weeks later and the price was $320. Their stupid comp cost $90 by itself. I ended up with the barrel but would not buy another one unless they would do the $230 again. It's a shame, at $230 they could sell a ton of 18" barrels to the 3gun crowd.

Edited by .40AET