Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stupid Q Re: Changing Sites During A Match

Spaceghost

Ok, I'm going to ask a stupid question.

What is the reasoning behind prohibiting competitors from changing sites during a match?

I'm not a professional rifleman, not military or law enforcement but if I were, wouldn't I equip my gun based on the anticipate environment I was going into? If I'm going to clear a house or work the streets of a crowed city, I would want an Eotech.

If my job is to support others by taking a position on the perimeter or dealing with other distant threats, I'd use a scope with low to moderate magnification.

If I'm going to be a sniper, use a sniper scope.

And.. to and from assignment, I would choose whichever aiming system was best and carry the other with me.

So.. given the quality of removable mounts now that permit a return to zero, why not permit competitors to select the best sight for the stage they will shoot?

Am I crazy??

I'm asking because I put a generic tube dot on top of my 2x7 scope today using the ARMS 22 tactical scope ring rail and it was goofy high. Caused me to raise my head up off the stock for the tube dot which will be used for 85-95% of my shots.

And the answer is.... :unsure: