Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost Ultimate Adjustment

born-in-45

Just got a Ghost Utimate for my STI but am having a issue with it. Got angles adjusted to my satisfaction (very easy to accomplish with Ghost) but the one thing I am not satisfied with is the tension when I draw. The gun seems to "snag" a little causing the holster to actually pull before completely releasing. It isn't a big deal but certainly is noticable (along with the click it makes when it actually releases - assume noise is the steel ball reseating once the trigger guard clears it). My Limcat is totaly smooth on the draw and that is what I was expecting from the Ghost.

Sooo, is there something I can adjust to make the Ghost completely smooth or is some holster movement/tension par for the course with a Ghost?

Mine always comes out clean....zero drag. The only time I had problems like you describe (trying to take the holster with you on the draw), the little screws that go through the front of the trigger guard on my STI had come loose and were wedging themselves between the sides of the slot in the holster. See if they're tight and not sticking out past the side of the trigger guard, hope this helps.

Check it first to see if there's any tension just lifting the gun out of the holster. If you put any kind of twist on the gun when you draw you WILL have problems with this type of holster. Filing will not help if you're twisting the gun.

SOLVED - thanks Smokey. It was the trigger guard screws. They were sticking out just a little but enough to cause the drag. Screws were tight so I just filed down the connecting collar a bit, reassembed with the screws - now they are flush with the trigger guard and the draw is as smooth as my Limcat. No drag!

Thanks guys! I was just about ready to send it back but figured there had to be a solution since so many folks are pleased with the Ghost.